Forum Index > FlashYourWeb OS Support > Gallery 2 Bridge New Topic Post Reply
 Cannot redeclare error with latest G2B
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: lingfish
 February 28 2009 18:11 PM  

I decided to bite the bullet and just upgrade to 1.5.2.

Back to brokenness.

Things (geeklog etc) were working, but I noticed I still had G2B for 1.4.1 installed, so I overrode all the paths with the zipfile for 1.5.

Now I'm getting a blank screen again at any GL URL and a thread of Apache coredumps Confused

(As for ftp access, sorry, but as you can imagine I'm not just going to hand that out. I realise this to and fro'ing via the forum is a pain).

If I tap into the MySQL db and disble the plugin, all is good.

I've also tried torching all the G2B dirs and unpacking again, to no avail.

Considering uninstalling, but that needs the plugin to work to be able to do so, heh.

February 28 2009 18:25 PM  

Forgot to mention... it kinda looks like the original pathing issue again, but there's no config.php now of course.

I looked in my DB tables and found nothing there either.

suprsidr
 February 28 2009 18:29 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

The new geeklog configuration is quite problematic.
The install process gets interrupted if gallery is not in the default place. You need to get to yoursite.com/admin/configuration.php ->G2Bridge and input the proper paths/urls Currently there is no way to stop a plugin installation and ask for the correct paths - this is promised for GL1.6(we'll see)

If you cannot get to configuration.php with G2Bridge active, uninstall G2Bridge and correct the paths in path_to_geeklog/plugins/G2Bridge/install_defaults.php lines 64-68 and re-install.

-s

There will always be...

Profile Email Website
 February 28 2009 19:13 PM  

Yep, an uninstall and re did it.

Mostly all better now. Perhaps a bug in GL, but when editing a draft story, there's no advanced editor/fck.

When making a new story, I get fck, but no G2Image part.

suprsidr
 February 28 2009 19:22 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

You need to enable the advanced editor somewhere in GL's new configuration.php - cannot remember where exactly.
And you must upload my fck files from the G2Bridge package. fck is javascript, and js is cachable, so clear your borwser's cache after installing it.

-s

There will always be...

Profile Email Website
 March 01 2009 14:28 PM  

Ok, so a cache flush, and a dropdown in draft edit mode did the trick there.

Lets do a recap over all, shall we Wink

• In order to get your nice autotags, I need G2Bridge installed (can't install seperately?)
  • In order to get just G2Image in fckeditor, I don't need G2B installed -- to "install" G2I, I don't do a plugin install, merely unzip the fckeditor parts in the right place?
  • Every single GL page I hit, a Gallery user login event is triggered (and I get an e-mail for that); changable? That's doesn't seem right

I really, really appreciate all your help and patience here suprsidr Smile

suprsidr
 March 01 2009 14:42 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

In order to get your nice autotags, I need G2Bridge installed (can't install seperately?)

part of the G2Bridge plugin

In order to get just G2Image in fckeditor, I don't need G2B installed -- to "install" G2I, I don't do a plugin install, merely unzip the fckeditor parts in the right place?

With G2Bridge installed G2Image should work automatically, using G2Bridge's gallery connection and session.
Without it, you need to hand edit G2Image's config.php, and code your own session handler.

Every single GL page I hit, a Gallery user login event is triggered (and I get an e-mail for that); changable? That's doesn't seem right

Once a plugin is installed its files are included in every geeklog page. G2Bridge does not necessarily re-log you in, as much as refresh/continue the session. You getting the email is a setting controllable by you.

-s

There will always be...

Profile Email Website
 March 12 2009 13:58 PM  

With G2Bridge installed G2Image should work automatically, using G2Bridge's gallery connection and session.
Without it, you need to hand edit G2Image's config.php, and code your own session handler.

... except when I don't want or need sessions. I merely want to refer to Gallery images that any old user with "anon" access can see. I quite like Gallery 2 Image Chooser, but I also for some reason like the idea of an autotag in my stories, and not a "static" URL being pasted in.

Once a plugin is installed its files are included in every geeklog page. G2Bridge does not necessarily re-log you in, as much as refresh/continue the session. You getting the email is a setting controllable by you.

Well I know it is, and I have it switched on for login events. A session refresh seems to be considered the same thing, which is noisy and a pity (again, I don't have people login to my gallery usually). To avoid the constant mails when using G2B, I don't want to turn it off in Gallery. Oh well.

Don't get me wrong; your offering is quite excellent; I guess I just don't need some of the juice inside it. I think my biggest bugbear is the embedding -- in my own personal opinion, I think embedding looks terrible (again, not attacking your great work!)

I think I'll code something up myself to do autotags, via the autotags plugin.

March 12 2009 14:35 PM  

Probably also worth mentioning that you don't document how to uninstall the FCKeditor parts in your otherwise-thorough instructions -- both removing fckeditor/plugins/G2Image, and replacing fckconfig.js and myconfig.js.

Content generated in: 0.14 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are PST. The time is now 04:40 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content