Forum Index > FlashYourWeb OS Support > Gallery New Topic Post Reply
 Embedded Video in Google Earth plays half screen
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: Earthguy
 March 01 2010 09:41 AM (Read 3144 times)  

Hiall,

I'm getting curious behavior when I use the generated embed code taken from Flash Video in Gallery and then posting that into a Google Earth place mark. The player initially shows up (although not resized - somewhat squished looking)) and then when you push play (you have to, even with "autostart" selected in the Gallery admin settings - works fine in Gallery however) I get a video player that only displays half screen. I've added extra text at the bottom of the embedded code and that show's up fine.

All other embeds work fine (youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc).

Any ideas?

~Earthguy

suprsidr
 March 01 2010 11:40 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

into a Google Earth place mark

Where?

-s

There will always be...

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: Earthguy
 March 01 2010 13:56 PM  

So you open Google Earth and zoom into a geographic location, let's say Old Faithful in Yellowstone. The, you create a place mark (the little yellow pushpin icon on the Google Earth toolbar), which becomes an html enabled window to type text, descriptions, embed a Flickr stream, Photobucket slideshow or embed images from your own Gallery install. You can also use the generated embed code from YouTube, Vimeo etc to place video that will play when you click the place mark you've created in GE.

Just rt click the place mark, go to properties and paste the code. It's a fairly cool teaching tool, which is what I'm hoping to use this for. We'd rather host our own videos/images/slideshows rather than use an outside hosting provider.

It works with Gallery video as well, except for the problem noted. The video, when playing, only shows half the player/video. I'm not sure why, because the player within Gallery works well.

It's basic HTML stuff so I'm somewhat baffled...we (my students and I) hope you can help solve the mystery???

We appreciate the work and the consideration either way...

~EG

suprsidr
 March 01 2010 14:10 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I'm not the google earth type, so I've never even glanced at it. An example is worth a thousand words(oh wait that's a picture).
url to offending Google earth pushpin?

One thing to note:
Our gallery flashvideo player receives the height/width from gallery and then using javascript resizes the parent container to complete the player resize.
If there is something you may need specifically - I can oblige.
We here @FYW also have a bit of js which captures the currently displayed item for easy embedding.
You must be logged-in: http://www.flashyourweb.com/media/index.php?g2_itemId=40355
notice the "Embed code" link? This is a simple template addition.

-s

There will always be...

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.13 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are PDT. The time is now 12:40 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content