Forum Index > FlashYourWeb OS Support > Gallery New Topic Post Reply
 help a lost sole...
 |  Printable Version
preed
 March 25 2010 11:33 AM (Read 1597 times)  
Forum Newbie

i am struggeling to get my g2 to play video. i dont even know where to start. i have been reading many things about it but i cant seem to put 2 and 2 together. i see posts made by suprsidr both at menalto website and here so im guessing thats who can tell me what i need to do.
i am using
Gallery version = 2.3 core 1.3.0
i had my host move me to a server that has ffmpeg. which is where this all starts. i have it pathed correctly or at least g2 thinks so? i saw a flash player in my plug ins and it says its active. you say you provided this player. i hope it looks like your e2 player cause itll look awesome in my gallery. all i get now is a link to download movie. i could use a little help and guidance if anybody has the time. i am not a coder or a programmer. i get lost quickly with all the crazy acronyms cause i dont know what they are. i have installed the full version of gallery so everything should be there i just dont know what im looking for.
thanks

Profile Email
suprsidr
 March 25 2010 13:22 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

If you only see a download video link, that tells me ffmpeg is not working properly.
Ffmpeg's only job is to determine the video's height and width and if capable produce a thumbnail from a frame in the movie.

If ffmpeg is not working as I suspect:
in gallery Edit Movie -> Movie Size -> add your height and width -> save
Your movie should play. And gallery will setup a default movie reel thumbnail.

If your ffmpeg passes the tests in gallery admin -> ffmpeg
Then maybe you are using some obscure video format your ffmpeg is not capable of handling.

My flash video module is only capable of playing flash video. Movies with the .flv or .f4v extensions.

It is possible to play other formats as well but lets not confuse the situation further.

If you would like me to test your gallery and ffmpeg you will have to contact me directly and give me admin pass to your gallery.

-s

There will always be...

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.16 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are PST. The time is now 03:53 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content